Module is hiring a web developer to work in our Pittsburgh office. You’ll work closely with our Chief Product Officer to design, specify, and build v1 of our digital platform, as well as work to maintain and improve our existing web properties. This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a growing startup and be integral in building a web app from the ground up.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Writing and implementing new features
- Writing tests to support existing features
- Understanding Module’s core business model, and identifying technical solutions to improve the quality and efficiency of our products.
- Identifying opportunities to improve software performance
- Performing server maintenance
- Taking a service-oriented approach to all work and with a fast-paced culture, friendly working environment
- Prioritizing conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and following through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Software development experience, including deploying, scaling, and monitoring production-grade web applications
- Experience developing responsive web applications for both mobile and desktop
- Familiarity with version control
- Familiarity with MVC framework like Laravel, Ruby on Rails, or Django
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with software testing fundamentals
- Familiarity with—or interest in— architecture, construction, or design
- Familiarity with Webpack, Gulp, or other build tools
- Familiarity with Sketch, Figma, or other design tools
Module is a Techstars IoT, AlphaLab Gear, and Idea Foundry company. We are a team of designers, architects, and builders with a passion for delivering a more human-centered and flexible approach to homeownership.
Compensation includes competitive salary, subsidized healthcare, and may include equity between 0 – 1.5% depending on experience.
Module is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
If this sounds like the position for you, please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/Github link to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please make sure you reference your favorite breed of dog.